Demand for bodily remedy providers is rising, for a number of causes: an growing old American inhabitants, rising weight problems ranges, shoppers in search of options to opioids for ache administration, and the associated fee financial savings and effectiveness of outpatient rehab.
It is a fragmented however rising $34 billion per yr trade of small bodily remedy clinics, and some massive chains. All through the pandemic, bodily remedy providers have been handled as important by federal, state, and native steering, though many bodily therapists proactively stopped nonessential in-person care. Bodily remedy clinics that stayed open throughout the early phases of the pandemic had fewer shoppers strolling by their doorways. Clinics pivoted to telehealth/video visits, however affected person volumes remained low in 2020.
Listed here are some issues to learn about this healthcare sector:
- Bodily remedy market dimension: Marketdata estimates that the U.S. bodily and occupational remedy trade was value $34.2 billion in 2021, up 12.6% from 2020. Revenues dipped 16% to $30.4 billion throughout the pandemic in 2020. The market is forecast to develop at a 6.2% common annual tempo, to $43 billion by 2025.
- Variety of bodily remedy clinics: There are an estimated 42,300 clinics offering bodily remedy, occupational remedy, speech remedy and audiology. Common annual receipts per clinic are $855,000, with a internet revenue margin of 14%.
- Variety of clinicians: The trade employs 417,000 employees, and the typical bodily therapist earns $91,000/yr. Two-thirds of bodily therapists are feminine.
- Pivot to digital care: Video-based care was being offered by simply 2% of bodily therapists previous to the pandemic, however one yr later practically half had been offering some type of telehealth.
- Market share: This trade has been consolidating for years, but personal apply stays very fragmented. The 50 largest firms—two public operators and personal equity-backed operations—captured simply 29 p.c of the trade’s market share. The potential for “roll-ups” is excessive.
- Giant bodily remedy chains: 4 opponents, massive chains: Choose Medical, ATI Bodily Remedy, U.S. Bodily Remedy, and Athletico Bodily Remedy, had mixed revenues of $3 billion in 2021.
The place to Study Extra
To search out out extra concerning the bodily remedy trade, you’ll want to try a brand new report by Marketdata titled .
This 86-page report offers key data on the next:
- Nature & construction of the trade
- Market dimension, development and forecasts
- Buyer demographics
- Business financial working ratios
- Competitor profiles
In case you want arduous knowledge and present insights to information what you are promoting methods, you’ll want to try Marketdata’s complete report on the U.S. bodily remedy trade.
Concerning the Writer: John LaRosa is the President of and is the creator of 100+ trade and market research. His analysis seems in prime media shops together with ABC, CNN, Fox, Forbes, USA As we speak, The Wall Road Journal, The New York Instances, and a wide range of commerce journals.
You Could Additionally Like