Republicans within the Senate did the whole lot of their energy to derail and undermine Justice Jackson’s nomination, treating her affirmation hearings as a chance to spew racist, sexist bile and unfold ridiculous conspiracy theories. However via all of it, Justice Jackson refused to stoop to their degree, sustaining her composure throughout even essentially the most outlandish assaults from Republicans hoping for a little bit of air time.
And thru all of it, MoveOn members such as you have been there to assist Justice Jackson and stand towards the efforts of Republicans to cease her affirmation.
Because the begin of her affirmation hearings:
- MoveOn members made nearly 10,000 calls to Congress in assist of her affirmation,
- greater than 80,000 members signed on to a petition calling for her to be confirmed,
- younger MoveOn members took to the streets in entrance of the Supreme Courtroom to right away show public assist on the day of her nomination, and
- 150,000 individuals ordered these stunning stickers, designed by artist Amanda Mustard, to indicate their assist for her historic nomination.
Justice Jackson might be a voice for the individuals on the courtroom, having served as a public defender and on a sentencing fee. The work should proceed to rebalance the courtroom after Mitch McConnell and Republicans packed it with extremely right-wing conservatives. We want at the least three extra Justice Jacksons on the courtroom, as a result of our human and civil rights are on the road. So seize your sticker now to proudly show your assist for this historic affirmation and as a reminder of what’s at stake in our work to construct an America the place everybody can thrive.
Thanks for all you do.
1. “The Senate confirms Jackson, elevating the primary Black lady to the Supreme Courtroom.” The New York Instances, April 7, 2022