MONTREAL, April 17, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — April 17, 2022 is World Hemophilia Day. The theme of the occasion this 12 months is . This essential occasion is about bringing the worldwide bleeding issues group collectively. By elevating consciousness and bringing hemophilia and different inherited bleeding issues to the eye of policymakers, we will improve sustainable and equitable entry to care and therapy. The world continues to be affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and the battle in Ukraine, however one factor hasn’t: we’re nonetheless on this collectively, and we’ll at all times be stronger collectively as a group in our shared imaginative and prescient of “Remedy for All”.
“World Hemophilia Day is day for individuals who have been affected by a bleeding dysfunction—both as a result of they’ve one, or as a result of they care for somebody who does. However we will’t neglect that governments play a essential function. It’s essential that they acknowledge bleeding issues and help individuals who have a situation of their international locations.”
—Cesar Garrido, WFH President
There are a lot of methods you’ll be able to carry consideration to hemophilia and different inherited bleeding issues in your native and international group to lift consciousness of the necessity for inclusion in nationwide coverage. Whether or not you’re a individual with a bleeding dysfunction, a nationwide member group (NMO), or a healthcare skilled, listed here are only a few issues you are able to do to get began:
- Get social by posting about inherited bleeding issues on Fb, Twitter and LinkedIn utilizing the #WorldHemophiliaDay, #WHD2022, and #LightItUpRed hashtag
- Set up an occasion, host a group occasion, webinar, discussion board or City corridor and invite elected officers to be taught extra about your work first-hand and to satisfy with the group
- Take part within the World Hemophilia Day Gentle it Up Crimson marketing campaign. Final 12 months, 1000’s of individuals worldwide confirmed their help—whereas respecting native COVID-19 necessities—by lighting up 100+ landmarks purple in cities internationally
- Assist our international advocacy efforts by or organizing a fundraising occasion
- Share your story about the way you or somebody you already know has been affected by inherited bleeding issues, and browse the tales of others
- Take motion domestically and use the WFH World Hemophilia Day supplies to ship a letter to your native policymakers, arrange conferences with elected officers and well being ministers and have interaction with the native media
- Contact your native nationwide member group (NMO), to seek out out how one can help them
- Obtain assets like posters and social media banners from to assist construct your World Hemophilia Day Marketing campaign
- Ship footage, feedback, or inquiries to the WFH at
To be taught extra about World Hemophilia Day, please go to.
The WFH want to thank our 2022 World Hemophilia Day sponsors for his or her continued help: Bayer, BioMarin Pharmaceutical Inc., Biotest, CSL Behring, F. Hoffman-La Roche Ltd., Freeline Therapeutics, GC Pharma, Grifols, Kedrion, LFB S.A, Novo Nordisk, Octapharma, Pfizer, Sanofi, Sobi, Spark Therapeutics, and Takeda.
About hemophilia and different bleeding issues
In folks with bleeding issues, the blood clotting course of doesn’t work correctly, with the outcome that they will bleed for longer than regular, and a few folks might expertise spontaneous bleeding into joints, muscle tissue, or different components of their our bodies which may result in developmental and everlasting mobility points. The overwhelming majority of individuals residing with inherited bleeding issues world wide nonetheless wouldn’t have entry to analysis, therapy and care.
In regards to the World Federation of Hemophilia
The World Federation of Hemophilia (WFH) is a non-profit group devoted to bettering and sustaining take care of folks with inherited bleeding issues world wide. Our imaginative and prescient of Remedy for All is for a world the place all folks with inherited bleeding issues have entry to care, no matter their kind of bleeding dysfunction, gender, or the place they reside.
We work in partnership with healthcare suppliers (HCPs), governments, and our international community of nationwide member organizations (NMOs) in 147 international locations. We offer our NMOs and healthcare suppliers with the information and instruments they should determine, help and deal with folks residing with bleeding issues of their communities, whereas selling international advocacy and collaboration to attain our frequent targets.
To discover out extra concerning the WFH, please go to.
Media contact: Neha Suchak, Director, Advertising & Communications,, +1 514-875-7944, #2857, www.wfh.org
This Press Launch has not been vetted or endorsed by ‘s editorial employees.